E-FISE is here, riders have filmed and submitted their qualifier videos and voting is now open! These guys are relying on your vote to see them through to the final stages.
We thought we’d get some insight into the entries from UK riders and nudge you to vote for your favourite.
Q&A with Ben Wallace
– Tell us about filming. Where did you ride, how long did it take, who filmed it?
We filmed my edit at Adrenaline Alley skatepark in Corby, it took roughly 3 hours and Mike King was the man behind the lens.
– Did you have to battle for any of the clips in this one?
There were a couple clips the 900 tire tap and the 270 whip to smith hard 270 out. The 9 tap just took forever to get a good one without to many hops and the 270 whip I kept falling on the roll back – I got a few wood burns on my back from sliding on the floor too much, haha.
“It was nice to have something to work for and let people know that I still ride, haha.”
– Do you have a favourite clip?
Yes, the truck driver to lookback.
– What was your approach for the video? Did you go all out for this one to have the best chance of qualifying, or did you hold some things back for the next round?
I’ve definitely held some things back if I make it to the next round, but in all honesty I was happy to make this video to take part as we’ve had nothing going on all year. So it was nice to have something to work for and let people know that I still ride, haha.
– If you get into the final stages, what can we expect to see from you?
I’m not gonna say anything Incase it doesn’t happen but think I’m gonna add some more style elements into it.
– You must have kept a close eye on the competition. Any of the other entries you’re stoked on?
I enjoyed Kevin Peraza’s and Pat Casey’s videos but I know there are a few more to be uploaded but until then those are my favourites.
– Here’s the push… Why should people vote for you?
Because I’m goofy footed and still kick ass, haha.