London’s own AK dropped his E-FISE 2020 Street qualifier video at the end of last week, and it’s packed full of technical riding and supreme spot use. We asked him a few questions about the filming process.
Q&A with Alex Kennedy
– Tell us about filming. Where did you ride, how long did it take, who filmed it?
All the spots are in about a 5 mile radius from Brixton to Peckham. We had a week to get her done and I took a pretty bad slam on the first day! Once I recovered we were back at it only to end up in another quite devastating crash So all in all 2 days! I had the pleasure of filming with Tonash Goodyear!
– Did you have to battle for any of the clips in this one?
Most of the clips were a slight battle but nothing too over demanding.
– Do you have a favourite clip?
Been wanting to try a luc-e 180 back switch crook for a while so was happy to get that & likewise had been eying up the tyres fakie pegs for some time so that was a relief!
“The tooth toboggan was the first clip we got & with relative ease… Happy with the way that one came out!”
– What was your approach for the video? Did you go all out for this one to have the best chance of qualifying, or did you hold some things back for the next round?
Well I have had a few tricks on the list for a while but kinda had to settle for what I was capable of at the time due to injury… Definitely a lot more in the bag if I’m able!
– If you get into the final stages, what can we expect to see from you?
If I make it I hope to bring the best of my abilities!
– You must have kept a close eye on the competition. Any of the other entries you’re stoked on?
Yeah there’s a few more entries that I haven’t seen yet but I loved Perrin’s entry, Courage, Colin!, Bora, Garrett… Just great to see everybody Killing it in their own ways!
– Here’s the push… Why should people vote for you?
I guess if people enjoyed my efforts enough they will vote!