Here with some info behind his E-FISE 2020 qualifier video is hardworking UK flat guy Lee Musselwhite.
Q&A with Lee Musselwhite
– Tell us about filming. Where did you ride, how long did it take, who filmed it?
I’ve got a purpose built indoor riding area at my house so I’m really lucky to be able to throw down there 24/7… My wife actually filmed the edit, she has never filmed with fisheye before and did an awesome job, I couldn’t actually believe how good it came out, haha.
– Did you have to battle for any of the clips in this one?
It’s always more intense having the cam up close in general but the whole thing had to be filmed in one take. It took a while, as it’s only hard stuff, no filler in there at all.
“It’s only hard stuff, no filler in there at all”
– Do you have a favourite line?
I’m pretty happy with the whole thing all together all my main signature moves are in there.
– What was your approach for the video? Did you go all out for this one to have the best chance of qualifying, or did you hold some things back for the next round?
The next round is live 3min run battles so it’s completely different… This qualification round is the opportunity to throw some big bombs down in 2mins. Proving to the judges you can do them consecutively in ‘one take’ for the next round, and that you have hammers in your arsenal consistent enough to use in the finals. The judges vote is only 50% of the score, the other 50% comes from the fan vote so you need a good score in both to make the final 8.
“Let’s make this like a Rocky story with your votes to give me a fighting chance”
– If you get into the final stages, what can we expect to see from you?
You know how UFC fighters go into boot camp for 2 months? Well I’ve been in one of those for 9 months preparing, haha! So you can expect me to come out guns blazing, I’m not afraid to battle anyone, and I believe I have the ability to beat anyone if I hit my tricks live.
– You must have kept a close eye on the competition. Any of the other entries you’re stoked on?
There are so many great riders throwing down, literally the worlds best, but I couldn’t pick one specifically though.
– Why should people vote for you?
Looks like I’ll be the only UK rider stepping up for this and I’ve been in the game for 23 years… My entry is packed with nothing but super hard signature moves I invented that no one else does!
No matter what place I get with the judges, without the support from the votes I won’t make it to the finals… So let’s make this like a Rocky story with your votes to give me a fighting chance. Really appreciate the support 👊🏻
Watch Lee’s entry HERE