E-FISE is here, riders have filmed and submitted their qualifier videos and voting is now open! These guys are relying on your vote to see them through to the final stages.
We thought we’d get some insight into the entries from UK riders and nudge you to vote for your favourite.
Q&A with Val Ward
– Tell us about filming. Where did you ride, how long did it take, who filmed it?
My friend and legendary rider Mike O’Connell filmed the edit for me over about 2 weeks. We did a few mini road trips and local sessions and he got his camera out every now and then. We had great fun! The parks in the clips are: Prevail Skatehouse, The Front Skatepark, Dorchester, Small Dole, Guildford, Ringwood, East Grinstead, Bat and Ball, Crystal Palace.
– Did you have to battle for any of the clips in this one?
Everything on the edit was spur of the moment and are chill clips. I did have to battle a little for the 270 tap at Small Dole, but Mike told me to do it at the end of a line through the park and back and then I had it first take.
“I’m pretty sure I’m the oldest woman to enter. I’m also pretty sure I’m having the most fun!”
– Do you have a favourite clip?
It’s tricky picking a favourite clip! I am stoked with my Xup on the hip at Guildford though. All the clips at The Front make me smile too, it was the first time I went there and the staff were awesome, I can’t wait to go back.
– What was your approach for the video? Did you go all out for this one to have the best chance of qualifying, or did you hold some things back for the next round?
The video is made up of chill fun clips of me riding with my hubby and my mates. If I get into the next round I’m really going to push myself!
– If you get into the final stages, what can we expect to see from you?
I’ve got a few combo tricks and air tricks I’ll get into my next video if I qualify! I’m working on a few tricks. There’s also a banger trick I haven’t seen any other women do that I’m working on!
– You must have kept a close eye on the competition. Any of the other entries you’re stoked on?
I haven’t kept a close eye on the competition really. I am stoked with the edit Mike put together for me and I entered for fun. I love watching Hannah Robert’s progression and also really enjoyed Laury Perez’s edit, her 360s are awesome! I’m stoked FISE are running an e-comp, it’s great watching all these amazing edits!
– Here’s the push… Why should people vote for you?
I’m pretty sure I’m the oldest woman to enter. I’m also pretty sure I’m having the most fun! So vote for me if you like watching an oldish woman having a rad time on her BMX! Haha!