Q&A with James Jones
– Hey James, how have you been keeping?
Hey guys, I am awesome! And keeping very busy!
– What’s the situation with British Cycling and being able to ride indoors? You’re a pro athlete, right, so you’ve been able to ride even in the lockdowns?
Yeah, we are very lucky to come under the ‘Elite Athlete’ bracket, which of course means we can travel to train, etc.
– How many times have you ridden the jumpboxes at Rampworld in the last 12 months?
Haha mate, honestly I could say 1,000 and it wouldn’t be enough haha… The best section ever!
“I do enjoy doing nacs and tables… but I crash them more than a triple whip”
– Tell us about your daily / weekly routine with regards to riding, training, resting, etc
I would love to say riding 7 days a week as I can… But it’s just as important to take rest days between so you don’t burn yourself out which can lead to injuries. I probably ride 5 times a week give or take, mixing up Rampworld, Asylum and Adrenaline Alley. Weekends I normally stay local in Swansea riding with the lads. Then on my rest days I go into my home gym, get some rehab in… and spend time with my dog and partner taking walks 🙌🏼
– How’s the bike feeling at the minute? Any new parts or changes? Or anything you’ve changed in your riding in the past year?
Funny you ask that as I’m actually building a brand new whole bike at the moment, just waiting on white rims which I’m gonna have to buy black and get them sprayed! They are like gold dust these days! Will reveal all very soon.
– What do you call that 360 move where your foot comes off…? It’s not an unlookback… What is it?
Umm I thought it was a 360 intable? 😂 I’ll take what I can get as I suck at tables… Haha.
– Until we shot these photos, we never knew you had such a mean nac-nac! Why don’t you do nacs or inverts at contests?
You know what, it’s a hard one as in my head I’m sort of known for the flair variations and more combo tricks so I feel that is my natural go to if that makes sense? I do really enjoy doing the nacs, tables/inverts, they mainly come out when Adam Lievesley or Tom Justice calls me out. But I do crash them more than a triple whip 😂
– What’s coming up next for you?
Well we just got a heads up that the world championships is coming to Europe in June so going to get everything dialled up ready to send! And hopefully get some more points heading into the Olympics.
Massive thank you to CANNA & GT BIKES for sticking with me in these tough times! THE SHOW WILL GO ON!