Q&A with Tom Cookson
– Easy lad how’s it going?
All good here thanks mate, hope you’re good!
– So, you’re riding for Proper now, what’s the deal with that? How did it come about?
It’s come about through AlansBMX, so big shout out to them for that. They wanted to get a new rider and work together with a shop, so it seemed like the perfect opportunity.
– How long have you had the set up and how are you finding it?
I’ve been riding it for a few weeks now, it feels sick! The back end on the frame is slightly longer than what I was riding previously, and I rate it massively, feels a lot more stable when riding transitions, while still being short enough for techy moves, feels ace.
“I have a few clips stacked already, and summer is on its way…”
– What’s your favourite thing about your bike?
Has to be the frame, it feels solid and the geometry is spot on for my riding style. The colour is mint as well, haven’t seen one like it anywhere else.
– You’re filming a ‘welcome to’ video, When can we expect to see that completed?
I have a few clips stacked already, and summer is on its way, so hopefully I can have it ready towards the back end of the year if everything goes to plan.
– What kinda stuff have you been doing on the set up? Any gnarly stunts.
You’ll have to wait and see 😉
– You’re also riding for WN bikes. Can you tell us some more about them?
WN Bikes is a cool project started up by my good mate John Gav, to showcase the Wigan BMX scene (WN is the Wigan area code where we all live). We’re working on the first WN Bikes video, the idea behind it is that the whole video will be filmed in the WN postcode. You can buy tees and merch using the link in their Instagram bio (@wnbikes – go give them a follow), and all the profits will be going towards materials for our DIY spot which is currently in the works, expect to see DIY content very soon! Big up to all the Wigan boys!
– What else can we expect to see from Tom Cookson in the near future?
More riding, filming, jams and good times with good lads!
– Any shoutouts or thank yous?
Shout out to AlansBMX, Tom G from Alans, Proper Bike Co, Mark Noble, WN Bikes and the Wigan boys, and any other people who I ride with!