Q&A with Sean Tompson
– Tell us about this bike. What are you most stoked on?
Probably the frame. It’s the longest top tube I’ve ever run at 21.5” and it just feels amazing. I usually get bored of a frame after a year or so and get a new one. I’ve had this one for about 18 months and I’m still loving everything about it.
– Is it all fresh or are there some older bits on here?
Every part is a different age. The freshest thing is probably the tyres. I managed to get my hands on a sample set of Kieran Reilly’s new signature tyre he is bringing out with Tall Order, I’m real stoked on how they ride. The oldest part is probably the forks. I must have had them for at least 4 years now.
– How old is this bike now?
The majority of this bike is within a year old. Some of the parts have stood up to the test of time though.
– Where have you been riding on it so far?
Nowhere abroad or particularly exciting sadly, for obvious reasons. It’s been getting a lot of use on some of the south coast bowls since I moved to Hastings a few months ago.
– What’s been your fav spot to ride on this bike?
My favourite spot to ride on any bike will always be Woodyard. That’s no different for this one.
– Any plans on where to ride next? Is there anywhere you’ve always wanted to go but haven’t yet?
If travel is possible I’d love to get a Europe road trip going this summer. Possibly make it over to Cali as well, I’ve always wanted to get out there.
– Any shoutouts?
Bas Keep for giving me my fix of Tall Order bits whenever I’m in need.
Matt Harris for always being down for a BMX roadtrip whenever a motive is found.