Q&A with Denis Smith
– Where are you from, what do you do?
Live in Chester, England and I work in aircraft manufacturing.
– How’s your local scene?
In terms of people riding, it’s real good as there’s quite a few riders now. Some heavy hitters were made here in Chester, good examples are Alex Pindard Baden (Pibs) and Owain Clegg. Only thing missing in Chester is a bike shop.
– Are you hooked up by anyone?
Currently ride for DUB and Alan’s BMX shop.
I’m also on flow for Seventies Distribution but not sure what’s happening with that.
– What kind of spots float your boat?
Love a nice rail or bank.
– Are you picky or do you try to ride anything?
Only picky when it comes to huge drops apart from that I’ll ride anything and make the most of it.
– What are your fav tricks at the moment?
Definitely tailwhips and crankflips.
– where do you typically ride?
Spend most of my time chilling at local outdoor skateparks, big up Cop and Kway. However when the weather’s a bit grim I’ve got the Boneyard skatepark 5 minutes down the road and it’s the best. I do venture out to ride other cities when I’ve got motivation but that seems to have gone recently.
– What’s your dream place to ride?
– Who are your biggest influences in BMX?
Lewis Mills, Sean Burns, Dennis Enarson.
– What do you like about those guys?
I like Lewis’ style, Sean’s craziness and Dennis’ huuuge sends.
– What or who are your influences outside BMX?
Money lol. Can’t do anything without it really, need it to travel and enjoy myself and most importantly buy food. I love food.
– Future plans… Where are you riding, what are you working on?
Thinking about moving to Australia in the future, I love it there. Currently I’m just chilling. Hopefully I’ll get some motivation soon to carry on filming for my section in the new DUB DVD which is in the works.