A new hub from Wethepeople, which looks pretty damn great. It sounds like they’ve been working on it for some time, testing it (hard) with team riders such as Godwin and Felix, and are now very proud of the product being available. All the info you need is here, above in the video and below in the text.
A long time in the making, the Hybrid Freecoaster combines over 10 years of R&D into the concept of making a superior functioning Freecoaster hub with all the weight, durability and functional benefits of a cassette hub.
We wanted to create a lighter, stronger, less complicated Freecoaster hub that any rider could easily adapt to using. Tested for 2 years and approved by the Wethepeople team.
As if all that wasn’t enough, the Hybrid is easily convertible into a regular Cassette hub by simply installing the Cassette springs and retightening the hub. Essentially you get two hubs in one, as well as the benefit of being able to switch the hub to your preferred setting with easy. With most of the team and many other riders switching over to the Hybrid Freecoaster, the question is, when will you?
- Freecoaster & Cassette in one hub
- Upgraded internals with a larger slack setting comparable to a conventional Freecoaster hub
- Super lightweight hub (480g)
- MagnaDrive Magnetic Driver for increased performance and reliability
- Heavy Duty 14mm heat-treated axle
- Incredibly reliable and durable hub design
- Easily convertible to a Cassette hub with no additional parts needed
- Simple slack adjustment system
- RSD or LSD
- MRSP $140 / £130 / €130
- Includes x2 nylon hub guards
- Ridden by Felix Prangenberg, Jordan Godwin and the Wethepeople team
- Hubs and complete wheels available
- Yes it’s silent