‘The Cadburys parrot’
The Legendary Livingston Skatepark is having an extension fitted! This could well be the first ever concrete full pipe in the UK? That’d need to be clarified from someone with vastly more experience than me on UK parks. Speaking of which, we caught up with Gordon ‘GOGO’ Reilly who kindly gave us his “top 5 things you didn’t know about Livi” you can read them below. Scroll further into the abyss for entertaining photography and of course the new layout and some sneaky shots of the build.
Top 5 things you didn’t know about Livi with GOGO.
1. Everyone is moaning about the low quality build on the new part, but almost the entire park is fucked. The halfpipe transition is shaped like a 50p, with a big crack that water pours out of, even when it’s sunny, and everything else is really bumpy and mellow. I prefer to think of the condition of the park as ‘character building’.
2. When you stand on the platform of the original bowl your eyes WILL water. You may think you are cutting up some raw onions, but it’s the reek of pish, due to there being a cheeky wee spot that everyone uses to wee.
3. There used to be a racetrack on the other side of the river from the park. When races where on, Sir Chris Hoy used to sneak over for a blast of the park between motos.
4. The first U.S. pros to ride the park were Eddie Fiola and Mike Dominguez in the early 80’s. Other notable pros who have rode the park include Rooftop, Joe Rich, Paul Buchanan, Chris Moeller, Chase Hawk, Dakota Roche, Garret Byrnes, Taj Mihelich and Mike Aitken.
5. In the 80’s some casuals rolled a bottle bank into the big bowl and set it on fire. The entire bottom foot of the bowl was all melted glass and fibreglass, and had to be replaced.
Pete and GOGO laying it doon by Fred Murray.
Dave Frame blasting one a fair few years back.
Chase Hawk laying it flat on a fairly recent Cult tour.
Eddie Fiola the ‘flying banana’ moments before being battered and served in a chippy.
Sneaky shots of the new build, the design and of course an overview of the legendary park