Words and photos by Robin Pearson
Corey Walsh doesn't give a fuck. This is pretty much an undisputed fact. He rides really fast, jumps huge gaps, places 2nd in awesome BMX contests, goes on loose camping trips, parties really hard, wears odd socks and puts on warrior face paint with charcoal from an old BBQ. See above.
I recently had the pleasure of tripping around Portugal with Corey to film an upcoming Ride UK video piece. Check the trailer below...
– How's the bike feeling? How long you been on this one?
“Bike is feeling pretty sweet. I’ve been on this one for around 6 months. Still no dents."
– How do you personally like it set up? Rusty?
“I like it clean and simple. As long as it rolls smoothly and the spokes are tight she’s golden!"
– Any recent changes to the steed? New tyres? They good?
“Ya, on the new Demolition hammerhead tires. Super fast and light. Been loving them."
– Where did you get that Props sticker? Is that sticker the best part on the whole bike?
"Haha I got that sticker from the Props box set. I grew up watching that shit so it makes the steed feel at home."
– What have you been doing on this bike since building it? Where has it taken you?
"Man, this thing has been some places this year. I got the chance to bring her to New Zealand, Australia, Spain, Portugal, Usa, Mexico. Just been trying to travel as much as I can this year. And thanks to the Vans Pro Cup and Robbie at Cult, it has been a reality."
– What's coming up next for you? What’s Fast & Loose?
"Just more trips in the future and enjoying the Vancouver summer as much as I can.
Fast and Loose is some dudes just trying to keep it real and make some memories happen... That's all I can say so far, haha."
– Any final words?
"Just huge thanks to Jerry at Vans, Robbie at Cult, and Brian at Demolition for making all this happen this year. Best fucking brands!!!!!!"