GoPro Hero 7 is coming! GoPro has just announced their new HERO7 action camera, released in three different models: the premium GoPro HERO7 Black (£379.99), the mid-range GoPro HERO7 Silver (£279.99) and the more budget-friendly GoPro HERO7 White (£179.99), all due for release on 27th September 2018, online and in store.
Check out some details below, specs, images, and an impressive promo video.
- GOPRO HERO7 BLACK
- MAX RESOLUTION: 4K @60fps
- MAX FRAMERATE: 240fps @1080p
- PHOTOS: 12MP
The first impressions are something, with the GoPro HERO7 Black retaining a similar form-factor to the previous edition, but coming in a sleek matte black finish, with the 'Black 7' insignia on the side. The front and back dual displays are still there, and while the resolution and framerate specs haven't taken their usual bump with the new model, GoPro are claiming some pretty wild in-camera stabilisation. Just check out the video below:
Shaky Video is Dead
GoPro HERO7 Black Features Gimbal-Like Video Stabilisation In-Camera
- HERO7 Black ‘HyperSmooth’ Video Stabilisation Sets New Bar for Digital Imaging
- £379.99 Flagship GoPro also Features Live Streaming, TimeWarp Video, SuperPhoto, Improved Audio, and Face, Smile and Scene Detection
- ‘HERO7 Black Million Dollar Challenge’ to Reward Customers for Shooting Product Highlight Reel
- £279.99 HERO7 Silver and £179.99 HERO7 White Round Out New Product Line-up
GoPro today announced its new product lineup including its £379.99 flagship, HERO7 Black, which sets a new bar for video stabilisation with its standout feature, HyperSmooth.
HyperSmooth is the best in-camera video stabilisation ever featured in a camera. It makes it easy to capture professional-looking, gimbal-like stabilised video without the expense or hassle of a motorised gimbal. And HyperSmooth works underwater and in high-shock and wind situations where gimbals fail. HERO7 Black with HyperSmooth video stabilisation – you’ve got to see it to believe it.
With HERO7 Black, GoPro is also introducing a radical new form of video called TimeWarp. TimeWarp Video applies a high-speed, ‘magic-carpet-ride’ effect to your videos. Imagine a scenic drive, ocean dive or walk through the city compressed into a super-stabilised, sped-up version of itself, with the entire experience playing out in seconds. TimeWarp Video transforms longer experiences into short, flowing videos that are compelling to watch and easy to share.
And when it comes to sharing, there’s no faster way to do it than live. HERO7 Black is the first GoPro to live stream, enabling users to automatically share in real time to Facebook, Twitch, YouTube, Vimeo and other platforms internationally. The result is an exciting and convenient way to share life’s more interesting, on-the-go moments.
“HERO7 Black is the GoPro we’ve all been waiting for,” said GoPro founder, Nick Woodman. “With HyperSmooth video stabilisation, HERO7 Black is a camera anyone can use to capture amazingly smooth, professional looking shots of their favourite activities. And they can do it live.”
HERO7 Black Features:
- HyperSmooth Stabilisation - Gimbal-like stabilisation without the gimbal
- Live Stream – automatic sharing as you live it while saving your streamed videos to your SD card in high definition
- TimeWarp Video – Super-stabilised time lapse ‘magic carpet ride’ videos of your experiences, up to 30x speed
- SuperPhoto – Intelligent scene analysation for professional-looking photos via automatically applied HDR, Local Tone Mapping and Multi-Frame Noise Reduction
- Portrait Mode – Native vertical-capture for easy sharing to Instagram Stories, Snapchat and more
- Enhanced Audio – Re-engineered audio captures increased dynamic range, new microphone membrane reduces unwanted vibrations during mounted situations
- Intuitive Touch Interface – 2-inch touch display with simplified user interface enables native vertical (portrait) use of camera
- Face, Smile + Scene Detection – HERO7 Black recognises faces, expressions and scene-types to enhance automatic QuikStory edits on the GoPro app
- Short Clips – Restricts video recording to 15- or 30-second clips for faster transfer to phone, editing and sharing. Great for new users and children.
- Photo Timer – Countdown timer for convenient selfies and group shots
- Stunning Image Quality – 4K60 video and 12MP photos
- Ultra Slo-Mo – 8x slow motion in 1080p240
- Rugged and Waterproof – Waterproof without a housing to 33ft (10m), goes everywhere your phone can’t
- Voice Control – Verbal commands let you go hands-free in 14 languages
- Auto Transfer to Phone – Your photos and videos move automatically from camera when connected to the GoPro app for on-the-go sharing
- GPS Performance Stickers – Track speed, distance and elevation, then highlight them by adding stickers to videos in the GoPro app
- Touch Zoom – Frame your photos and videos with just a touch
- HERO7 Black Million Dollar Challenge – It’s Time For Our Customers to ‘GoPro’
With HyperSmooth video stabilisation, HERO7 Black makes it easier than ever to capture professional looking shots of your favourite activities. To celebrate, we are inviting HERO7 Black owners to shoot this year’s HERO7 Black highlight video for their cut of $1,000,000. Beginning September 27 worldwide, users can submit their best HERO7 Black raw video clips to the Million Dollar Challenge. Our creative team will pick their favourite shots for the highlight reel and award an equal cut of a million dollars to the individuals whose footage is selected.
For all HERO7 Black Million Dollar Challenge submission guidelines and details, please visit GoPro.com/Awards.
HERO7 Silver + HERO7 White – Meet the Rest of the Lineup
GoPro has a new HERO camera for everyone this autumn, including newbies, active go-getters and social sharers of all ages. Joining HERO7 Black to round out the lineup are HERO7 Silver and HERO7 White – the perfect active-lifestyle cameras for entry and mid-level users.
The 4K £279.99 HERO7 Silver and 1080p £179.99 HERO7 White are tough, tiny and waterproof to 33 feet (10m). Tell them what to do using voice commands, or just tap the shutter button, and the camera will turn on and capture the moment automatically. And of course, it wouldn’t be a GoPro without the stunning video and photo quality that’s made GoPro the best-selling camera in North America for more than four-and-a-half years straight. Both HERO7 Silver and White feature significantly improved video stabilisation, making it easier to get great looking shots on-the-go.
To review a full set of features and capabilities for all of our HERO7 cameras visit GoPro’s news blog, The Inside Line.
The £379.99 HERO7 Black, £279.99 HERO7 Silver and £179.99 HERO7 White are available for pre-order today at GoPro.com. Cameras will be available in-store internationally beginning Thursday, September 27.