BMX racing is all about perfectly timing every pedal stroke, Onyx BMX hubs eliminate any thoughts about compensating for backlash and slack in the powertrain with instant engagement and therefore instant acceleration.
We don’t think there has ever been so much choice from one hub manufacturer. Onyx BMX front hubs feature hybrid-ceramic bearings for extremely low rolling resistance, with a choice of 8 models across thru-bolt or bolt-on attach styles. (Titanium bolts come standard with all Onyx bolt-on front hubs).
Onyx BMX front hub shells are machined from 7075 aluminium alloy and available in 8 anodized colours, 14 powder-coat colours, or a polished natural finish. 4 models have hub shells with helix cut-outs to reduce weight and reveal the axle, and the axles are available in a polished aluminium finish or in 8 anodized colours.
“This is the best way to build your ultimate BMX race hubs!"
Onyx give you 21 different options for a rear hub, again all featuring hybrid-ceramic bearings for extremely low rolling resistance, with the hub shells machined from 7075 aluminium alloy.
This is the best way to build your ultimate BMX race hubs!
Onyx manufactures a complete line of front and rear BMX racing hubs with the following standard features:
- Ceramic hybrid bearings
- 7075 Aluminium alloy hub shell
- Adjustable preload for bearings
- Titanium bolts
- 5-year limited warranty
- Made in the U.S.A.
All Onyx rear hubs also feature:
- Patented sprag clutch mechanism
- Instant clutch engagement during power stroke and instant disengagement when coasting
- Silent operation before, during and after clutch engagement
- Heat treat hardened stainless steel driver
- Labyrinth seal interface between driver and hub shell
- Adjustable side load
- Grease service temperature range of -58°F (-50°C) to 248°F (120°C)
- Compatibility with Shimano Hyperglide® compatible cogs
- Onyx Hubs, The Stats:
- RRP: BMX-100/10mm Bolt-on Helix Front - £142, BMX-100/8mm Bolt-Helix £111, Rear BMX ULTRA ISO HG-110/10mm Bolt £333