11/04/2012 | 3 comments
Dan Barber kicks off this month’s issue with this oppo pegs on the very same spot Joe Rich pegged back in 2007 for his etnies Grounded part and puts himself straight into the BMX history books…
From Hastings, Seville, Valreas and Casselberry, this issue is jam packed. We feature the first Adidas team trip to Spain along with the invite only Jam at the Seventies ‘Our House’. We take to the streets of Valreas with local, Alex Velentino, then head over the pond to Florida and talk trails with the Casselberry locals.
In this issue:
• Jack Marchant drops in and gives us his ‘Bunch Of Fives’.
• Verde’s Martyn Tambling tells us his ‘Love and Hates’.
• ‘On the Cover’ gives you an insight into Dan’s cover this month.
• More new frames, parts and clothing in ‘Fresh out the Box’.
• This month’s ‘Tried and Tested’ is a Wethepeople Zodiac.
• Up ‘For the Win’ this month is a package from Adidas.
• ‘Watch and Learn’ review BMXFU, Nearly 2, Federal Gold and 4Down DVD’s.
• We take a ‘First Look’ at Santoo and Sven Hackett.
• We ‘Catch Up’ with Jamie Bestwick.
• Tony Neyer answers ’20 Questions’.
• Fathead ‘Says What’ this month.
• Mike Curley shares this month’s ‘Thought Bubble’.
• We see ‘Where?’ Vinny Hunter is now…
• A look at ‘What They Ride’ with Ben Wallace and Kevin Kalkoff.
• We have an ‘Insight’ of Trey Jones’ Rat Zine.
• And we also head to Deeside for a ‘Spot Check’
Adidas in Seville
Explore and go massive the Inbetweeners style…
Adidas have now got a BMX team and they head to Seville, Spain for their first bonding exercise.
“…My job was to ensure they all got out of bed, didn’t smash bottles over their heads and generally have a sick time, I was, indeed, Euro Dad…”
Our House Jam
If your name’s not down you’re not coming in.
Seventies have been dropping ‘Our House’ edits with all sorts of riders over the past few months, and it was now time to hold a big jam! Ben Hennon hosts an invitational only jam, in a riders for riders style format. Find out what went down on the day!
“…None of the guys knew that there was anything to win in terms of prizes or cash. It wasn’t for anyone’s benefit apart from the riders…”
From The Streets Of Vilreas
Alex Valentino Talks
We head over the channel to Vilreas in France and talk to the much talked about local, Alex Valentino…
“…But for me Mike Aitken still remains the best rider to have ever stepped on a BMX…”
Will The Sun Come Out Tomorrow?
The trails are living day by day.
Trails take years and years to build and just before you know it, your local government or the land owner decides enough is enough… This is the situation that is most likely to happen or has happened to most trails spots here in the UK and will it be the same case for Casselberry trails?
“…It’s hard to change the narrow minds of a local government that ultimately wants to eliminate you…”
Waiting for spring with the SBM
We head to Syston, which is straight smack bang in the middle of England and infiltrate the scene in Leicestershire…
“…Well there used to be between 20 and 25 people in the SBM, so it was actually massive…”
We take a look at Ben Wallace’s bike.
Step Up with Joe Gould
We’re always listening!
Tell us what you think about this issue, send us your thoughts and comments on Twitter to – @RideUK_BMX or write on our Facebook wall. Don’t be shy!
We can do the hard work for you and send 6 issues to you! And you get it first before anyone else!
Also, we have a new subs offer! If you subscribe this month you’ll get a pair of ODI ‘O’ grips and the brand new Ride UK ‘r’ tee shirt.
Get all this for just £14.99. All you have to do is click here to subscribe.